Online giving markets and other websites that facilitate online action hit the ground running in 2009. Below is our latest weekly round-up of news and recent discoveries.
- SocialEdge is welcoming applications for the annual Global Social Benefit Incubator Competition.
- RisingVoices is welcoming applications for its annual new media outreach micro-grants of $5k.
- Nabuur is accepting applications for volunteer online project managers.
- TakingItGlobal launches a personal fundraising campaign to support its work in 2009.
- Kiva prepares to launch an open API for its micro-lending platform.
- PolicyPitch is a December 2008 Ideablob finalist.
- DreamBank publishes its favorite tips for a succesful and happy 2009.
- Stephen Colbert joins the board of directors of DonorsChoose.org.
- Convio is asking nonprofits for their 2009 technology resolutions.
- Gina Bianchini of Ning shares her company’s three month roadmap.
- Leslie Poston shares on Mashable a guest blog post called, Give Back With Social MicroFunding in 2009.
- Rachel Cunliffe shares on Mashable a guest blog post called, 10 Ways Twitter Will Change Blog Design in 2009.
- Firstgiving shares three online fundraising resolutions.
- ModestNeeds invites the newly unemployed to apply for bridge grants.
- mySociety gest a new design.
- JD Lasica posts a comprehensive list of social media conferences in 2009.
- Beth Kanter reports on her succesful social media birthday fundraiser on behalf of the Sharing Foundation.
- Kimberly Brock writes about protecting consumer rights by becoming a citizen blogger.
- Sean Stannard Stockton shares on Paul Brest’s blog a guest blog post called, What’s The Evidence For Evidence-based Theories of Change?.
- Christine Prefontaine writes about the importance of investing in a community facilitator.
- SFGate.com writes about how giving can change your mind for the better.
- Paul Lamb shares on mySociety his thoughts on the value of creating a social credit card (from 2006).
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Clay Shirky
- 2009 National Conference on Volunteering and Service
- GivingGame – Do good. Pass it on.
- Service-learning – Using structured reflection to enhance learning …
- Ignite format presentations
- Inviting Change consulting
- John Haydon’s social media coaching
- Economic Xchange – how the current economy impacts philanthropy
Social Actions News
- Eric Cooper explains how to build a Social Actions powered application.
- Our Related Ways to Take Action WordPress plugin appears on PluginsCatalog.com.
- Peter Deitz announces that Convio, NTEN and CauseWired Communications are sponsoring Social Actions’ Change the Web Challenge.
- Social Actions publishes the most popular cause-related search terms from December 2008.
- Social Actions officially wins Reddit’s FeedANeed contest.